Sunday, October 16

When Your Personality Changes?

For those who are not aware of the Jung Typology Test or Myers-Briggs Personality Test, it's a series of questions that ultimately categorize you into four buckets which add up to "who you are": Extroverted/Introverted, iNtuitive/Sensing, Feeling/Thinking, Perceiving/Judging. These tests are often used in work places to identify if your personality suits the work you're doing, and who you would work/not work well with.

5 years ago when I took the test on a co-op term, I was an ESFJ.
Today, I am an INFJ.

Basically, the way I see it is that I went from being a social go-getter who used to think things through sensibly and with a plan, wears emotions on my sleeve, and keeps things organized...to being a chill hermit that gives my close circle of friends and family all my love and attention, makes decisions based on how I feel in the moment and show my emoness, while keeping things orderly.

Hmmm, so when did the changeover happen? I'm thinking about 3rd year of undergrad, but then it became more blatant after I graduated. Or perhaps I was never really an "ES" (because who really knows themselves at the age of 20). I wonder where I will be in another 5 years...

For now though, I totally agree with my results:
Although the are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Well then...I better get back to searching for my most suited job of being an "idealist counselor", and then happily reading my novel in bed! Hurray for solitude =D (seriously...there is no sarcasm in this statement).

If you are interested in taking this test, I took the following version:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

1 comment:

  1. wwwhooooa cool, i think i did a long long long time ago like, 10 years ago, i don't remember what i was back then, but it says i'm a ISFP (composer)... sounds like a reclusive weirdo but i'm fine with that :)

    ReplyDelete