Tuesday, October 25

When You Get to Go Away...Like on a Getaway?

Because any day off from my workplace is a relief.

This past weekend, I went on a quick escape with a few friends to a lodge just outside the Algonquin Park boundary. When you don't have the money or time to travel or to go on a vacation, there's always a getaway. A getaway to me is any 1-2 day trip away from your current world, which leaves you smiling and chuckling to yourself at the end of it. This could be to another city, to the countryside, to the back-country...whatever tickles your fancy.

This time around, being active outdoors and breathing in fresh, crisp air with the sun on my face, sitting by a real wood fireplace playing cards, chilling in a jacuzzi, and laughing until I almost peed my pants with some super fun pals did it for me.

Some takeaways that I got from this getaway (and that are blog-appropriate) include:
- MJ is definitely the only artist that has me going "Oooh I love this song" or "I forgot how good this song is" for at least 10 of his songs.
- Trail biking still makes your ass bones sore, even with a cushioned seat and shock-absorbers.
- I will never get sick of playing euchre even when some of the games can bring out the intensity in me.
- Fine-dining is not for the impatient...why can't they put everything together on one plate, except for dessert?
- Coffee tastes so different when you're drinking and enjoying it for its taste versus for the purpose of keeping yourself alive at work.
- The great qualities and characteristics of your friends you may not necessarily catch in the setting you know them best in come out on trips like this, and it makes you enjoy their company that much more.

Cheers to the good times!



1 comment:

  1. Love how happy you look!! Hahaha wrt to your "blog friendly" lessons-learned - Total YES about the fine dining!!! Yes yes we get it, we need to taste it, but geez if it's yummy bring it ooon.

    ReplyDelete