Friday, August 26

When You Learn Your Lesson? (Well, Almost...)

As a follow-up to my July 12 post: "When Someone Gets a Glimpse of You Nekked", I am happy to announce that I almost have this working from home business down pat. Here is what I have learned:

1) Remain clothed, or keep a long T-shirt hanging off the back of a chair for easy access, should you have another window washer arrive at your window, or a fire alarm tester knock on your door.

My Success Story from Lesson # 1: After fighting with myself, I kept my t-shirt and shorts on today. What a wise decision that was because I got a couple of visitors this morning from none other than my local balcony window washers! No shady behaviour going on in here, my friends. I answered the door in good time all thanks to having my clothes on already!

Here is what I still have yet to learn:

2) Read ALL notices in the elevator more than once. And take mental note of the content because it likely pertains to you.

My Not-So-Success Story from Lesson #2: If I had read the notices, I would have known that there was a planned power outage in my building today from 10:30am to 1:30pm. And that the interior window washers were making their rounds throughout everyone's suite within the next two weeks. Instead, I was left with no Internet access, a laptop with a useless battery, a BlackBerry battery in the "yellow" zone, no elevator access, and window washers mopping my floor for me on their way out. What to do in this situation?

Say thank you to the washers, use the rest of your BlackBerry battery to BBM your pals, and nap (with clothes on)!

No comments:

Post a Comment