Well, not the health being compromised part, but the downtime you get to re-charge physically and mentally part. Nobody ever wants to be sick, but instead of being all mopey and whiny about not being able to do what I had planned out for the day (all Canadians who have the slightest knowledge of politics know to cherish sick days now more than ever), I embraced my time at home by taking care of myself (obviously), and doing the dreaded..."life think".
What's the "life think"? It's simply when you think about any topic pertaining to your life. For example, "What's next for me?", or "Am I happy with where I am at currently?", or how about "What the hell am I doing with my life?". It can often be an ugly process, but very necessary, nevertheless. It's not a fun process because people don't generally like to face the unknown, or to challenge their current state. We feel exposed and overwhelmed. No wonder we want to avoid thinking about life!
Long story short, I was feeling very lost and discouraged. Though, I have not taken any action yet, I at least have a plan. A direction to move in. Something to grasp at besides the air. Hope.
For you, Jack Layton.
No comments:
Post a Comment