And I'm not talking about someone who you want to be naked with, but rather, someone you didn't really expect would ever see you naked.
It all started when I was working from home. This is a rare privilege for me, as I usually have meetings non-stop throughout the day, so I was very excited to be working away in my PJs. I open up my bedroom and living area blinds all the way because it's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, and when you have a unit facing south, you want all the light and heat to be brightening up your space. As I was changing out of my PJs, the overhead announcement went on saying that fire alarm testing would be conducted today. You got to be kidding me. Of course the day I am home this would happen (and maybe I will read the notices more carefully the next time I'm in the elevator). Before I put on my comfy clothes, I went to my "Fire Alarm Silencer" button and pressed it, so at least it wouldn't be so loud in my suite. Then I wanted to do my breakfast dishes because for those that know me, I love keeping things neat and tidy and don't have dirty dishes sitting around for more than a couple of hours after a meal. After my kitchen area is clean, I conclude that wearing nothing, but my underwear, is how I'm going to stay. I quickly adopted this lovely habit when I moved out because it is such a fantastic luxury. Even when I didn't have blinds for 3 weeks I didn't care because unless someone at their office building was looking in with a telescope, nobody can see me.
But someone did see me. As I was typing away on my work laptop, documenting requirements most likely, I caught in my peripheral vision something moving outside my balcony window (again, I will read ALL notices more carefully the next time I'm in the elevator. In fact, I will read them twice). When I look over, there is Mr. Window Washer sliding down his string arriving at my windows. I jumped as far forward as I could out of my seat and toward the window and as I scrambled to pull the blinds shut, I see a big smile on his face. I didn't see his full reaction and if he said anything, it was drowned out by the blind-shutting noise. I hastily do the same with my bedroom blinds. It's all dark now, but before I can even process what just went down, there is a knock on my door and I hear keys jingle.
"JUST A SECONDDDD"! (What the hell is going on now?! Quick Alisha! Throw something on)! I'm so disheveled at this point it takes me a while to clothe myself. By the time I get to opening the door, the guy looks at me awkwardly and says he's here to test my in-suite fire alarms. I apologize for the darkness, and he does his thing, mumbles something, and leaves. I'm sure he thought I was up to something scandalous, or illegal, or just sketchy in general.
What are the chances that the day I am at home, and decide to remain nekked, that out of 34 floors, the window washer is at my unit, and the fire alarm tester comes to my door at essentially the same time?
At least I made someone smile for just a second ;).
i love, love, love the story hahahahaha it made me laugh again....
ReplyDeleterequest updates!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete