Because "you" time is just as essential as "me" time. We don't often get days entirely to ourselves anymore, as time is precious. So my thing is to schedule these days in since your alone days are just as precious.
Waking up this morning, I had a smile on my face because I was reminiscing about the fun times that were had the day before, and because I was looking forward to the day ahead spent with me and for me. I was blessed with a good night's sleep (thanks to the previous day's festivities starting at 2pm, and thus, knocking me out by 10:30pm), which always motivates you to get out of bed. By late morning, I had my entire condo squeaky clean and a load a laundry done. It's not often I am this productive before noon on a Sunday! The day proceeded with preparing meals and packing food for tomorrow, some reading, some web browsing, some chillin, a nap, missed yoga but substituted it with the Ab Ripper X video, another load of laundry, shooting off some work e-mails and preparing for the work week ahead, trip planning, some more balcony chillin, and here I am! Sure, I could have accomplished more like making a trip to the grocery store, updating my resume, or actually making it to the gym downstairs, but this was not bad at all. I am happy today happened the way it did.
It doesn't matter how busy you are with work, family, friends, etc., everyone needs some time to refresh and re-charge themselves physically and mentally without anybody else involved in the picture. If you can embrace being by yourself for just a day (and really, you're not alone since technology always allows you to connect with the world and with your pals), imagine what can happen. I can tell you that I feel energized and ready to take this week on, no matter what hell flies my way. Bring it, Monday!
it sounds like really accomplished sunday... all that's missing is lunch @k-town but i'm sure we can rectify that...
ReplyDeleteYou know what's freaky? I've actually started writing a blog the same day too about how it's great to have time alone sometimes (lost steam in the middle of it). freaky!
I should have mentioned that I was invited to join good company for good food, and that my own lunch stopped me from going...
ReplyDeleteDefinitely we make it happen soon.
And yes, that is freaky. Then again, there are a couple of instances where I feel like we're in mega sync...it's great :).