Because it's such a rewarding feeling! Whether it's a drip or two down your chest right into my dri-fit top - the result of a long, yet brisk walk, or a full-body drench, which is a comparable sensation to when I freshly step out of the shower before toweling off - the result of a hot yoga class, I feel like it was all worthwhile to put the attire on, and that it deserves to be a high-priority wash only to have it all squeaky clean and ready for the next round.
I can't really say the same about any other types of clothes. Sweating in work clothes, or even sleep clothes is simply aggravating. More specifically to the work clothes irritation situation, it just doesn't belong on nice outfits. People who put on business attire aim to look professional and presentable. Sweat stains under your pits or on your back makes you look unkempt. It doesn't even matter if you are actually pristine or disheveled. If there are sweat marks on your work clothes, your surface image is tainted. To further stress my point, if you think about this logically: the more you sweat in your work clothes, the more you have to wash it. The more washes you put it through, the more likely it is to wear out. The more worn out your clothes become, the more you move away from its purpose of looking decent. The more you move away from this purpose, the more inclined you are to spend your hard-earned money on new outfits. This is the same hard-earned money you could be using to buy more work-out clothing. Would you rather feel dirtily uncomfortable in work clothes or feel fantastically fit in exercise clothes?
For all you readers that have their doubts, don't sweat it.
But know that I just love it :).
I've always thought that I'd have crappy work out clothes and nice work clothes but you're absolutely right, if i buy nice gym outfits i will probably be very motivated to wear them. I have a few classic pieces for work already and don't need any replenishing for the next couple of years - i think i'll go gym-cloth-shopping this weekend!!
ReplyDelete